The Institutional Review Board (IRB) at King Abdullah Medical City (KAMC), Makkah was established to ensure patients safety and the conduct of high standards ethical research. The IRB is part of KAMC’s Human Research Protection Program (HRPP).
General Instructions for IRB application & submission:
- For those who are applying from outside King Abdullah Medical City (KAMC), please make sure to follow the proper channel by sending an official letter to the Chief Executive Officer of KAMC, and copying the Research Center. (Upload and fill out the template letter نموذج طلب الموافقة على إجراء بحث في مدينة الملك عبد الله الطبية ).
- For Research involving KAMC patients or their files, it is mandatory that the Principle Investigator be from the concerned department of KAMC because s/he will be responsible for safety and/or confidentiality of KAMC patients.
- For studies involving only surveys or questionnaires and for which data cannot be linked to particular patients/participant it may not be mandatory to have a Principle Investigator from KAMC, and/or having KAMC’s IRB judgment.
- Both hard and electronic copies are required for submission but the review process can start once electronic document submission has been completed.
- For electronic form submission, please fill these forms as applicable (Application Form for All Studies, IRB-002-FR2 Protocol Submission Form) by hand, sign, scan, and send the scanned copies. Original signed hard copies are also submitted.
- Please send completed documents to IRB@kamc.med.sa
- There is no compulsory format for the protocol but a template is available (Protocol Template) to be used as a guideline. Individual titles and order of arrangement will differ according to the design and details of the study, not all titles are needed in all studies, yet important items to be checked on are available in the (Investigator Checklist)
- Please make sure your protocol has a version number.
- Please make sure you sign the front page of your research protocol.
- The NIH Research in human subject certificate can be obtained online free of charge. To run the course and get the certificate you can visit the page of the NIH Office of Extramural Research at: http://phrp.nihtraining.com/users/login.php?l=3
Other IRB Forms: